- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/HAPPYCULTURE_BAN2.pngMAGAZINE #HAPPYCULTURE
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-WOLF-RITA.pngWolf & Rita Collaboration S/S 17
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-ROSSIGNOL-AH1617.pngRossignol Collaboration F/W 16-17
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-VD-2.pngVIDEDRESSING collaboration F/W 16
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-ARHAS-SS16-2-1.pngAccessories Collection S/S 16
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-EO-2.pngEach x Other Collaboration S/S 16
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-SS16-2-1.pngEssix Collaboration S/S 16
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-POPIER-PEINT-2-1.pngPOPier peint
- http://jc-de-castelbajac.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/VISUEL-BARRE-MENU-LEBOURGET-SS16-2-1.pngLe Bourget collaboration S/S 16
Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is a Fashion Designer who is both emblematic and unique to our time as evidenced by his 40 years of design that even today retain a unique position among his contemporaries.
JEAN-CHARLES DE CASTELBAJAC
Initiator of a bold cross between fashion and art, since the 1970s, he led the way in democratizing art by transposing it in a conventional ultra feminine wardrobe, giving meaning to each of his clothes. Iconoclastic and avant-garde, he mixes without complexes and with great poetry design, music, art, film or theater. This taste crossed over easily with meetings of minds and multiple collaborations with those that matter in contemporary art.
His taste for the unusual sees him quickly nicknamed 'King of the Unconventional'.
Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is known to the public by a coat, he cut from a blanket in memory of his boarding school.
Waxed canvas, plaid, camouflage fabric and protective nylons, two-person or inflatable ponchos, whilst also throwing in painted dresses or tributes, oversized clothes called 'Gulliver' or other resulting from accumulation.This transgression spirit ranks
Jean-Charles de Castelbajac among the most nowadays innovative designers, with a creative offer in a perpetual evolution.
Amazing collaborations follow with many artists such as Robert Combas, Ben, Loulou Picasso, Gérard Garouste, Hervé Di Rosa and decisive meetings with Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat who bring a poetic and resolutely Pop dimension to proceeding.
All these historic collaborations that he keeps developing with the young generation definitely enroll Jean-Charles de Castelbajac as a bold cross and polymorphous artist, opened to the other artists and to the current cultural movements.
Photo credential : B.Gysembergh/ParisMatch/Scoop
For 40 years, JeanCharles de Castelbajac has been an artist who mainly expresses himself through Fashion, which he has always drawn in an Arty and fullofspirit way, by imposing an inimitable style; by engraving a unique and recognizable stroke. As an inexhaustible visionary, a vibrant designer, and above all an artist, he started the 2000’s era with a more academic approach of his readytowear and of his Fashion in general. JC de Castelbajac reaffirms himself as one of the great fashion designers still rooted in modernity, admitting very recently that fashion is 'his new passion.' So while remaining faithful to his favorite fabrics, he experiments with new techniques such as neoprene or tapestry, or revives others, like sun pleats. He perfectly combines traditional know-how for the service of quality and a decidedly modern look. Truly dedicated to today’s independent and intelligent woman, who is serious, but doesn’t take herself too seriously, CASTELBAJAC Paris’ ready-to-wear collections and accessories alike show a femininity marked by an elegance that is both sophisticated and relaxed, sowing happiness wherever it goes. The CASTELBAJAC Paris’s woman is a serious woman who doesn’t take herself seriously. She spreads the “Happy Culture”!